Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wine 6: Kate and Cassie

After a few weeks of wines from the very very bottom of the super market shelves, this week I decided to review a blended wine from the middle shelves that I picked up at a very unexpected place, Big Lots. I like the idea that those of us who love wine can pick up a good bottle at places we HAVE to go during our daily routines. Most of us do not have the time to visit a specialized wine store or even a liquor store, not to mention what a horrible idea it is to frequent those places with small children in tow, broken bottles, strange looks from other patrons, you get the picture, so major retailers carrying a selection of fair priced wine is a little gift from heaven.

This week I purchased a bottle of Kate & Cassie Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot blend from a local Big Lots store for the fantastic price of $4.50. I am a fan of blended wines, some of the most flavorful user friendly bottles of wine I have tried have been blends, and the Kate & Cassie Cab Merlot blend stays true to my past experiences.  I popped out the synthetic cork to a great fresh red grape fragrance, a substantial deep purple color, and good consistency as I poured the blend into my glass.  When I sipped the Kate & Cassie Cab Merlot I was even further impressed, the wine is delicious, forget fancy descriptions the wine is fresh, has a very pleasant grape flavor with absolutely no burn after taste. This wine was so good that I actually told my husband to grab a glass so he could enjoy in my great unexpected delight and he was as impressed as I was.

I hope a Big Lots store in your area carries the Kate & Cassie Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot because for $4.50 it does not disappoint, if you come across this good looking bottle of great wine I say don't hesitate and pick up a bottle (or two, why not...you deserve it).

No comments:

Post a Comment