Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wine 10: Double Dog Dare Cabernet Sauvignon

Well, it is time for another bottle of wine to be dissected by my unskilled, although wine loving, opinion. While on a trip to the Total Wine with my husband, on his yearly quest for the best pumpkin beer, I managed to find an inexpensive bottle while simultaneously keeping my five year old son from knocking over many a display of beer and wine.

The Double Dog Dare Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon called out to me for a couple different reasons, the label is pretty cute and the price was cute too, $2.99.  Once again the wine I chose has a label with absolutely no description of the wine contained within it's bottle, so I am free styling my opinion. One of my joys in choosing the wines to review is the hope of finding something great at a unbeatable price, but the only way to be sure is to pop the bottle open and give it a pour.  That is just what I did with the Double Dog Dare Cabernet, I found the color to be a lovely red, it smells like dark red grapes, and something sweeter, almost like strawberries.  I am happy to say that when I took the first sip I was surprised, after a run of disappointing wines, the Double Dog Dare Cab is delicious.  The flavor is smooth, it has a tiny bit of sweetness, and the perfect amount of spicy aftertaste, all good combinations in my book.

The Double Dog Dare Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon is a great buy at $2.99 and I absolutely recommend picking up a couple of bottles to have on hand to fulfill an unexpected weekday wine mood (Unexpected...who am I kidding?).  My other thought about the Double Dog Dare Cab is that the bottle is a perfect gift for a dog lover, just take a look at the label, it's got, "Oh, aren't you thoughtful," written all over it. Give the Double Dog Dare Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon a try, I think you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment