Monday, March 18, 2013

Wine 4: Recas Cabernet Sauvignon

http://www.recaswine.ro
While making my way up and down the abundance of wine aisles at the Total Wine store in Northridge, looking for my next new bottle of wine to review, I was overwhelmed by the typical locations that are generally showcased; California, Chile, Argentina.  So I was surprised when I saw the label of my chosen wine for this review listed its origins as Romania, yes, Romania. Needless to say I was interested and in keeping with my intended purpose of this blog the priced was under ten dollars, around $5.99, so I committed to the Romania Cab, "Recas".

After twisting off the cap of the Recas Cab I poured a nice dark, deep burgundy glass of wine, and smelled the aroma of this very foreign wine.  The smell is sweet and spicy, very similar to the flavor which starts with a strong pleasant taste of vanilla and ends with just the right amount of spiciness. The Recas Cabernet Sauvignon is a great wine to serve to friends and especially in mixed company of red wine drinkers. The origin of the bottle is interesting enough to be a great conversation starter when you offer a bottle Recas as a hostess gift.

All in all, I recommend giving the Recas Cabernet Sauvignon a chance, I do not think you would be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment