Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Week 3: Pacific Peak

photo courtesy of www.totalwine.com
A very sad thing happened in the world of wine drinking mothers on a budget, Two Buck Chuck (aka Charles Shaw), has changed to Two-Fifty Buck Chuck, not only does it not have as nice of a ring to the title any longer, but a case of wine is now thirty dollars (previously under twenty-five).  With this heart breaking news I found myself on the hunt for an under five dollar replacement wine, or as I refer to these bottom shelf wines, my "Tuesday" night bottle.  My "Tuesday" night bottle of wine is the bottle that if I open and only have a small glass I don't mind leaving the open bottle with the cork in it on the counter for a day or two, no big money loss if it is not fresh enough to finish the next time I am looking for a glass.

Luckily I found a replacement bottle of "Tuesday" night wine, Pacific Peak, at the Total Wine and More.  The store offered three varieties of Pacific Peak, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot, and (this is the good part) the bottles are priced at $1.87 a bottle.  The bottles and cardboard cases state they are Eco-Friendly as they are made from a lighter material, as well as the company uses a synthetic cork that is easier to recycle.  So far so good, great price and sustainability, next is taste.  Truthfully I am not going to get too specific per wine variety, the facts are that each type taste like a version of what it should be, the reds are mild and difficult to tell apart from one another and the white is fine.

Pacific Peak is what it is, an inexpensive glass of wine, I would not it serve to company with a meal I am proud of, but for a girlfriend who I shared in the buzz of Coors Light tall cans in the past, Pacific Peak would be a great companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment